Sunday, August 15, 2010

Je m'appelle Change

Hi, My Name is Change. You might have seen me a lot in your life, you would have also cursed me a lot that too on a regular basis but still for some reason I am the one who has always been with u and will never leave u but that doesn’t mean I am kind ; I can be ruthless for those who fail to understand me or are unwilling to accept me in their life but on the same lines I can also be benevolent to those who greet me with alacrity and are willing to walk by my side.

I am not here to enrich your life but only to share my experiences with you. ......

Once upon a time, there was a small company called Computing Tabulating Recording Corporation, I really don’t think anyone wanna know what they used to do but one fine day they called me and told me that they wanna make a monstrous machine which could compute and record humongous quantity of data . I decided to go with them and thus was born, International Business Machines these days u people call them IBM .

Everything was going fine but then the owners started ignoring me and became quite arrogant of their new found success. They thought their grandiose oozing monster or what they call it “Mainframes” was enough for the business world they even had the audacity to think that just 5 mainframes were enough for the entire world and how can computers be of any use for an average Joe. I mean during those times even a hippie singing hare rama hare krishna , knew that computers had potential ! That’s the reason why I wasn’t surprised when my words came true and that hippie was, Steve Jobs.

Steve was a man of vision, a man of passion, a connoisseur of art and music that’s the reason why u can find all those things in his work. He was the man who had the vision that a computer is not a monster but can be fun and interactive. It was his vision to have a monitor, a keyboard and also the mouse and GUI*, which at that time was a project under Xerox Company, who failed to fathom it's significance handed over to Steve, open access to their “project” which he fully and truly exploited. He even had an awe inspiring persuasive skill, that’s the reason why he was able to steal the CEO of Pepsi-cola to his company that had just started out!(it's an another thing that the same CEO fired him after a few years) But then arrogance and narcissism is a part of human nature which i really detest, it can even rust the finest sword and Steve was no exception. Steve thought software was an accessory, something which is given for free along with his Godly hardware; he never thought of making money from the software and thus never sold it without the hardware. His rule was if u need the software then buy the hardware, little did he know that a college dropout was about to ruin his life.

IBM, my old friend decided to finally walk with me and enter the market of desktop computers but it had two major problems. They didn’t have a clue about how they were going to make hardware for it, on such a small scale nor about the operating system. Software still was considered a complementary thing so they asked a college dropout to make that for them and for hardware they outsourced it to a small company called INTegrated ELectronics, little did they know that they were on the verge of giving birth to the two biggest giants the world had ever seen..........

------to be continued





as Narrated to Abhishek Padukone

17 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally Like Like ...good job man! :)

Unknown said...

I totally Like Like ...very good job man! :)

monindro said...

There u go .. Can't Change the IT Mind.

Really well captured and appreciate the creativity.

Unknown said...

Ahhh..haa..I liked it. I have heard of him(Steve Jobs)..He showed his first model to Hewlett and Packward but they didnt like it and discarded. And even heard of him that he started his business in Garage. Do you have ebooks on him, if you have please let me know.

aditya pathare said...

buudy ur blog is great i liked reading it

Unknown said...

@varidhi,dada and aditya : thanks a ton for reading my blog people!!!! :)

@monindro: come on dude, this is my first blog related to IT. u can read my previous blogs to verify it ;-) but ya the irony is noted :D . anyway thanks for ur comment and also for reading my blog :) chao

DiViJ said...

kickass..!! loved it..!

Unknown said...

Interesting!! Continue blogging and enriching our lives :)

Ankit Wani said...

Hey Bro Great job man
It seems u are going through IT fever!!!

awating next part....

Neha said...

You highly articulate Abhishek! For me you're a revelation! Keep the good work going!:)

Vineetha said...

good going buddy...
reading ur blog is a treat:)
good job frnd:)

Vijesh said...

that was informative...and entertaining!

Srinivas Dhanala said...

Good one AP... I Hope u keep up the good work... n write more articles...:)

Piyush G said...

good job man.....like it...

Noyal Rajan said...

Change is the only permanent thing.. :)
Totally liked ur blog..

Noyal Rajan said...

Change is only constant.. :)
Totally liked IT..

Sirisha said...

well written.. really interesting